YTT Course Details
Our hybrid YTT schedule is 75% online and 25% live or in-person (*in-person on pause due to covid safety guidelines). Most online lectures can be viewed and completed at your own pace.
Your manual, handouts and props will be delivered to local participants. Materials will be printed in your local area or sent by post if you are abroad.
Yes, you can join our training if you are abroad – 100% online option is available, please message directly for detail.
What to expect
This foundational course will provide you an in-depth study of everything you need to know about Teaching Yoga safely and effectively. Our goal is that when you have completed this 200hr training you will be ready to teach a beginner level yoga class, and more. We intend to provide a quality educational experience that prepares you to succeed at Teaching Yoga.
We will cover the following topics and more..
- Anatomy of Asana and Benefits of Daily Movement
- Experience the power of Breath, How to Optimize Breathing
- Meditation, Mudra & Mindfulness
- The Subtle Body including the Nadis, the Chakra System, Prana Vayus, the Five Koshas, etc
- Yoga Philosophy including Pantanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga, The Five Elements, etc
- History of Traditional Yoga and the Evolution of Modern Yoga
- The Art of Cueing, Sequencing, and Guiding Yoga Classes
- How to Use Props and Offer Modifications of Poses
- Explore the Science of Ayurveda and Yoga Lifestyle
August 14 – November 10 2021
Live Group Zoom Calls:
8:30-4:30pm Saturday August 14
8:30-3:00pm Sunday August 15
8:30-12:00pm Sunday August 22
8:30-12:00pm Sunday September 12
8:30-12:00pm Sunday September 19
8:30-12:00pm Sunday September 26
8:30-12:00pm Sunday October 3
8:30-12:00pm Sunday October 24
12:00-3:00pm Saturday November 6
optional in-person classes available for local participants.
the last live group call is nov 6. graduation certificate available after november 10.
all assignments & coursework due by december 20 to receive certification.
Dates and times subject to change.
Although it is good to have some experience, there is no required level of practice to take Yoga Teacher Training. YTT is the perfect opportunity to develop a yoga practice and to learn all about the benefits Yoga has to offer. We all start somewhere, if you are completely new to yoga – that’s okay!
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- A laptop or tablet is required to watch yoga class and lecture videos, and to complete assignments.
- We suggest to designate a room or private area in your home as your yoga space to allow more focus on your YTT coursework and classes.
- To get the most out of YTT, we recommend to take time off from other commitments during our course. Make time for rejuvenation and self-study, and allow yourself time to absorb your experience and learning.
Tuition & Payments
$3,500 + GST = $3675
Earlybird 10% Discount – Pay Deposit before July 30:
$3675 – $367.50 = $3,307.50
A $300 deposit is required to complete your application. Payment can be made by cheque, cash or e-transfer. Online payments may include additional fees. All costs are in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
An Extended Payment Plan is available, message directly for details.