YTT Commonly Asked Questions
YTT Commonly Asked Questions
- What is Yoga Teacher Training?
YTT is a 200hr course that covers Teaching Techniques, Asana Practice, Philosophy and Ethics, History of Yoga, Anatomy & Alignment principles.
- Who can take Yoga Teacher Training?
Anyone & Everyone. It is good to have some experience, yet there is no required level of practice and no obligation to teach Yoga afterwards. YTT is a transformational experience, to discover your truest potential and to feel at home in your body.
- How much Yoga do we do in a day?
We will have a Meditation & Asana 1-3hrs in the morning, and Yoga Nidra & Asana 1-3hrs in the afternoon.
- How much Yoga experience do I need?
There is no level of experience required to participate, however basic knowledge of yoga is recommended. We all start somewhere, if you are new to yoga and are unsure, message us!
- I can’t handstand, can I take Yoga Teacher Training?
Absolutely! You are not required to do advanced poses, nor are you expected to. Listen to your body, Respect your limitations, Practice at your own pace.
- I have a prior commitment, can I miss a day of Yoga Teacher Training?
Yes, but you must have prior approval and pay a fee for private sessions to catch up on missed curriculum.
- These course dates don’t work for me, when is the next Yoga Teacher Training?
The next 200hr YTT in Brandon can be expected in 2022.
- I already have taken a 200hr YTT, can I take another?
Of course. Each training will be unique, there is always more to learn.
- What kind of Yoga will we learn to teach?
Our primary focus will be learning to teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga. We will also cover Beginner Hatha and foundational Yin & Restorative Yoga.
- How do I prepare for the course?
Reading List, Begin to bring routine to your day to ease your transition into our long training days.
- What is Yoga Alliance?
Yoga Alliance is a non-profit organization that offers educational training standards for Yoga. It is a voluntary registry for teachers looking to increase credibility and show professionalism within the Yoga Community and beyond.
- Is this program approved by Yoga Alliance?
Yes, this training is led by a Registered Yoga School (RYS).
- What does RYT mean?
Registered Yoga Teacher. Upon completion of this program you will be eligible for RYT200 designation.
- How do I know if my Yoga Teacher is certified?
Visit www.yogaalliance.org & “Find A Yoga Teacher” by Name or Location. It is the responsibility of the Yoga Teacher to clearly and honestly present their Yoga credentials, with or without having YA membership, on their website and social media platforms.
- Who can register with Yoga Alliance?
Anyone who has taken a YA approved 200hr YTT program.
- How do I maintain membership with Yoga Alliance?
Pay an Annual Fee, log 45hrs of Teaching Yoga & complete 30hrs of Continuing Eductation (CE) every 3 years.
- What are the benefits to registering with Yoga Alliance?
Globally recognized designation & logo, added to YA Directory, May be required for employment & teaching opportunities.
Being a part of Yoga Alliance is for those who are truly learning, practicing, growing, and improving themselves as accomplished yoga teachers and are committed to continuing and enhancing their Yoga education and experience.